Director of Children’s Ministry
Part time 12-15 hours week including Sunday mornings, salaried position
St. Matthew United Church of Christ is an active and vibrant community of people who believe that children are one of the greatest gifts God has given us. They are placed in our hands to nurture so that they may grow to rejoice in God’s love in their own way and time. We at St. Matthew UCC accept with joy the privilege and responsibility of partnering with parents to help their children grow in faith. We desire to hire a person who will create a safe space of belonging for everyone, where children can learn to love God and serve their neighbors in our Wheaton neighborhood and beyond.
The Director of Children’s Ministry works with volunteers, parents, and other staff to ensure a stimulating, caring, nurturing environment where the children of the church are educated about God, scripture, and community through engaging Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and additional age-appropriate events. Our Open and Affirming statement affirms that we love our neighbor as we love ourselves, and our neighbors include all races, ethnicities, physical and mental abilities, family configurations, sexual orientations, gender identities, and economic conditions.
- Evaluate and select age and content appropriate curriculum for children’s Sunday school classes all year (3 years – 5th grade).
- Recruit Sunday School teachers and provide curriculum needs for classes.
- Share the weekly message with the children during the service.
- Plan regular activities and programs for the spiritual and social development of children in cooperation with the Christian Education committee. This would include, but not be limited to, service projects and mission projects.
- Organize and direct Vacation Bible School.
- Work with the Christian Education committee to provide nursery staff and volunteers for Sunday mornings.
The Director of Children’s Ministry possesses a deep faith in Jesus Christ and has a heart and vision for the spiritual growth and nurture of children. The person has significant experience in working with children, working knowledge of the bible, and is familiar with the emotional and developmental needs of children. He/she/they is a self-starter and self-motivator and able to work with minimal supervision.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Kenna1@comcast.net
Worship Audio/Video Coordinator
To support the ministry of St. Matthew UCC church in Wheaton, Illinois by providing video and sound support for our Sunday worship services.
- Working in our A/V booth to handle camera and sound for our worship service
- Ensure all required microphones and instrumental inputs are set up and balanced prior to the service starting with sound checks with the different groups
- Balance sound in the sanctuary during worship and for the livestream/recording
- Handle the livestreaming, including both pre- service and post- service steps
- Utilize ProPresenter software to support in-person Sunday worship service
- Edit weekly worship videos as needed and upload to YouTube
- Occasionally required at rehearsals for sound balancing before special services such as cantata, music appreciation, Easter, etc.
- Tech savvy with some experience related to sound and video
- Organized, responsible, and attentive to detail
- Experience with ProPresenter a plus
- Willing to learn our system
- Able to work well with others
- 4-5 hours per week, with additional up-front training
- Must be available on Sunday mornings from approximately 8:30am-11:00am, with a few extra hours of prep and post-service tasks
- Also available for a few special events per year